A Morning Smoothie to Help You Stop Constipation
Chronic constipation can be hard to control or eliminate, since the colon can become weak. In most cases it will have to actually be retrained on how to have a bowel movement.
For those of you that have mild constipation, prevention is always better than cure. So, here is a morning smoothie that will help activate your colon. This smoothie is packed with nutrients that your body will use to regenerate your colon and body. I have been making this smoothie for a few years. I make enough to drink right away and to put into my thermos to drink around 10am.
When I make this smoothie, I just started by putting things in the blender without too much measuring. You can do the same and make adjustments as you go. It’s not really essential to get everything spot on and you may prefer a little more or less of something so I’ve left it a little free to do as you feel.
But below is a basic guestimate…
- * one to two peeled bananas
- * 4-5 strawberries or other type of berries, or fruits
- * one tablespoon of lecithin granules
- * one – two teaspoons of flax seed oil
- * half and half almond milk and apple juice
In a coffee grinder, grind up around a teaspoon or less of the following:
- * brown sesame seeds – are high in lecithin, vitamin C, E, and Calcium. They improve liver function and help in constipation
- * sunflower seeds – are high protein, Calcium, and iron. They are one of the best natural foods which feeds the entire body.
- * flax seeds or linseeds – are high in fibre and provide bulk for your stools.
- * almonds – use around 5-6 no more. They are high in Calcium, Phosphorus and have some B-vitamins. Only eat a small amount. They are high in calories.
After grinding the seeds, place them in the blender and blend everything till smooth. If you need a little sweetness, you can add a small amount of stevia or agave nectar. I find this drink plenty sweet without any though. Sometimes I will add the powder of a few acidophilus capsules.
If I don’t add the almonds, I just put all the tiny seeds into the blender without grinding them up in the coffee grinder first. The blender will break them up easily. In fact if you have a powerful blender it will probably do all the nuts, seeds and everything in one go. This is a powerful smoothie to give you morning power and to activate your colon to get moving.