The Top 7 Benefits of Aromatherapy and How to Make the Most of Them
Introduction: Aromatherapy is a centuries-old technique that involves the use of plant extracts to enhance your mood and general sense of well-being. These natural botanical solutions have been used to promote relaxation, ease depression, and even alleviate pain.
Aromatherapy is a natural way of healing the mind and body. It has been used for centuries to promote healthy emotional and physical well-being.
The general benefits of aromatherapy can be seen through the following ways:
-It helps in psychological issues, helps calm the nervous system, improves mood, and lessens stress, anxiety and depression by inducing a sense of relaxation.
-It improves concentration, learning and memory by releasing your feel-good hormones and therefore aids your endocrine system as well as supporting many physiological issues
-It boosts the immune system by stimulating the release of white blood cells that help fight infections.
The Top 7 Reported Benefits of Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is the art and science of using aromatic plant materials, most commonly in essential oil form, to improve health and wellbeing. Some of the most commonly reported benefits are below, however there are a great deal more.
1) Aromatherapy has helped with mental and emotional health
2) It can work as a natural remedy for physical ailments
3) It can boost concentration, memory, and cognitive performance
4) It helps with stress and depression
5) It may have anti-inflammatory properties, ease pain and is good for the skin.
6) Helps improve sleep quality
7) Curbing cravings for sweets
How to use Aromatherapy to your advantage.
To get the most out of aromatherapy, it is important to know how it works.
Aromatherapy is thought to work by way of stimulating smell receptors in the nose. These send messages through the nervous system to the limbic system. This is the part of the brain that controls emotions.
There are three steps to consider when using aromatherapy: anointing, inhalation and wearing. Anointing is a process in which you apply essential oils or other aromatic substances to your skin. Inhalation is the act of breathing in deeply from your nose and mouth while taking a bath or sitting near an aromatic candle. Wearing involves using a fragrance-free body lotion or carrier oil then adding your favorite oil such as lavender oil at night to help you sleep better and improve your mood during the day.
Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils in order to promote health and well-being. Essential oils are extracted using either steam distillation or cold pressing and are then dispersed into the air. There are different ways of practicing aromatherapy, such as simply leaving an opened bottle of oil on your desk for hours.
In this article, we will discuss ways in which you can use aromatherapy to your advantage when feeling stressed at home or work. These include filling a few drops of your favorite essential oils in a diffuser, using calming scents like lavender and chamomile to help you focused, or applying an essential oils blend onto the bottoms of your feet before walking into a meeting.
1) Aromatherapy can be used to help with focus in the workplace. When workers take a break to smell some essential oils, they release feel-good hormones and help restore their mental energy. Dab a little on your wrists, or on your hands and inhale gently, it will open up the lungs, relax you and help you to refocus.
2) Use a diffuser, add water and a few drops of oils into the diffuser and let it gentle seep into the air around you. This is wonderful if you’re tired and can’t sleep as mentioned above but also if you need to revive yourself, swap out lavenders and calming oils for peppermint or eucalyptus to freshen the air and as a pick-up, or for rosemary or sage if you need to concentrate, diffusing oils is great for helping stay focused in exam revision or on the day.
3) Have a massage with a professional Aromatherapist. There is nothing quite like the deeply relaxing and therapeutic benefits one receives from a professional massage and the feel of the oils on the skin as well as the beautiful aromas blended to suit your situation will make it all the more a wonderfully intoxicating experience.
Whilst inhalation is arguably the safest way of administering essential oils and it’s the fastest way to get essential oils into the blood stream, it’s still very important to use oils with caution. Always read the labels and use as directed, and always diffuse in a well-ventilated area. Why not try out one of the above and see for yourself how it helps to calm and revive.
Disclaimer Note: This article is for entertainment and informational purposes only.
It’s important to note though, that just because something is natural does not mean zero risk. While many oils are very low risk there still can be complications, contraindications and contra-actions.
The internet is full of information on how you can cure yourself with natural remedies, but we recommend that you seek out a Qualified Natural Practitioner or Aromatherapist and always consult a Doctor before trying any new things. Never stop taking any prescribed medication without speaking to your health practitioner first.